31: What are cervicogenic headaches? Are they even a thing, and if so, why are they particularly amenable to manual therapy and massage? Til Luchau and Whitney Lowe discuss these questions, and share some self-care tips for you and your clients. Download the handout with detailed episode notes, techniques and tests from http://a-t.tv/ttp-cgh/
Episode topics include:
- What kinds of headaches CAN manual therapy help with?
- What’s the controversy around cervicogenic headaches?
- What kinds of self-care help?
Resources and references discussed in this episode:
- Toby Hall, Kathy Briffa & Diana Hopper (2008) Clinical Evaluation of Cervicogenic Headache: A Clinical Perspective, Journal of Manual & Manipulative Therapy, 16:2, 73-80, DOI: 10.1179/106698108790818422
- Whitney Lowe’s site: AcademyOfClinicalMassage.com
- Til Luchau’s site: Advanced-Trainings.com
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
About Whitney Lowe | About Til Luchau | Email Us
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)