39: How often do we think about the assumptions that inform our decisions? Til Luchau talks to writer Ruth Werner about her recent work on critical thinking skills, steps, and stages.
- What is the big deal about critical thinking?
- What are the signs that I might not be thinking critically?
- Is intuition the opposite of critical thinking? And more.
Resources and references discussed in this episode:
- Supplemental video: Ruth interviews Til: “What is critical thinking?”
- “Critical Thinking” article in Massage & Bodywork magazine
- I Have a Client Who... Pathology Conversations with Ruth Werner (podcast)
- A Massage Therapist's Guide to Pathology (book)
- What Next? COVID-19 Updates for Massage Therapists (online course)
- Ruth Werners’ site: www.ruthwerner.com
- Whitney Lowe’s site: AcademyOfClinicalMassage.com
- Til Luchau’s site: Advanced-Trainings.com
- The Shoulder Jam event, via Til or Whitney‘s links
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)