40: Til and Whitney talk to Healwell’s Cal Cates about how their work with death and dying brought perspective and presence to their work as a massage therapist; and to living itself.
- How is “being a massage therapist in the modern world a total setup”?
- What do we say when our clients just want results?
- How do our personal experiences influence the way we engage with our clients?
Resources and references discussed in this episode:
- "Death, Dying, and the Breakability of Us All" article in Massage & Bodywork
- Interdisciplinary podcast
- “Opening to the Mystery” online retreat
- Whitney Lowe’s site: AcademyOfClinicalMassage.com
- Til Luchau’s site: Advanced-Trainings.com
- Healwell: save 10% on the“Opening to the Mystery” online retreat save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout at healwell.org
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)