Til Luchau talks about trauma, psychedelic psychotherapy, and the body, with Marcela Ot'alora G., the principal investigator in a very promising FDA-approved study into MDMA-assisted therapy for PTSD.
- How does trauma relate to bodywork, and how does MDMA therapy help with trauma?
- How is psychedelic therapy different from just taking psychedelics?
- What can we learn from your MDMA/PTSD study that can help us be more effective as massage and manual therapy practitioners?
Resources and references discussed in this episode:
- Marcela Ot'alora’s Tim Ferriss Podcast interview
- About MAPS.org (and training as an MDMA psychotherapist)
- About the MDMA/PTSD Study
- Apply to be a subject in the MDMA/PTSD clinical trials
- Whitney Lowe’s site: AcademyOfClinicalMassage.com
- Til Luchau’s site: Advanced-Trainings.com
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)