Whitney talks to Doug Nelson about the challenges and learning experiences of a great massage career spanning over four decades.
- What keeps you going after all this time?
- What are some of the most fascinating lessons your clients have provided for you?
- How do we all learn to be humble in the face of our own fallibility in the clinic and the classroom?
Resources and references discussed in this episode:
- Doug's Book: Table Lessons
- NMT Midwest
- Massage Therapy Foundation
- Whitney Lowe’s site: AcademyOfClinicalMassage.com
- Til Luchau’s site: Advanced-Trainings.com
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
- Healwell: save 10% Healwell courses when you join the Healwell Community at community.healwell.org
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)