Whitney interviews Jamie Johnston and Eric Purves
- How does massage education differ in the U.S. and Canada
- How have things changed with the adoption of educational competencies for MTs in British Columbia
- Should we keep performing special orthopedic tests if they aren't considered as accurate?
Resources discussed in this episode:
Hegedus, E. J., Wright, A. A., & Cook, C. (2017). Orthopaedic special tests and diagnostic accuracy studies: House wine served in very cheap containers. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 51(22), 1578–1579. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsports-2017-097633
- Whitney Lowe’s site: AcademyOfClinicalMassage.com
- Til Luchau’s site: Advanced-Trainings.com
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)