Legendary back pain researcher Stuart McGill (author of Back Mechanic and others) talks with Whitney and Til about spinal pain, fascia, biomechanics and other topics including:
- Stiffness/mobility tuning in manual therapy
- The psoas' role in supporting the spine
- Fascial connections, Janda's lower-crossed model, and more.
- Whitney Lowe’s online Clinical & Orthopedic Massage Courses
- Til Luchau’s courses at Advanced-Trainings.com
Stuart McGill’s site:
Books by Stuart McGill:
- Back Mechanic ISBN: 978-097350182
- Low Back Disorders ISBN: 978-097350182
- Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance ISBN: 978-0973501834
- Bernie Clark: Your Spine, Your Yoga: Developing stability and mobility for your spine ISBN: 978-0968766552
- The 6th International Fascia Research Congress in Montreal, Sep 10-14, 2022 at https://fasciaresearchsociety.org.
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)