Women account for about 85 percent of Massage Therapists in the US. However, there isn't always a corresponding representation of women as CE providers, conference headliners, or in other roles of visible leadership.
Whitney and Til explore this phenomenon in discussions with three women leaders, as a way to acknowledge just a few of the many women who have made significant contributions and impacts on our field, and who continue to provide outstanding leadership and guidance for the future.
- Whitney Lowe’s online Clinical & Orthopedic Massage Courses
- Til Luchau’s courses at Advanced-Trainings.com
- CG Funk is Senior Vice-President of Culture and Industry Relations with the Massage Heights franchise.
- Ruth Werner is the author of A Massage Therapist's Guide to Pathology from Books of Discovery.
- Irene Diamond is massage CE educator, author and clinician.
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)