Til & Whitney share their takeaways, impressions, and highlights from the recent 6th International Fascia Research Congress in Montreal. Topics include:
- New research correlating tissue qualities with depression
- Biomechanics of thoracolumbar fascia
- Counterintuitive findings about Ehlers-Danlos
- Fascia and elastic recoil
- Should we massage tumors?
Get the full transcript at Til or Whitney's sites:
- Whitney Lowe’s online Clinical & Orthopedic Massage Courses
- Til Luchau’s courses at Advanced-Trainings.com
- Robert Schleip's recent article in Massage & Bodywork magazine: The Fascial Network; Our Richest Sensory Organ
- The Fascia Research Congress info page for speaker info, recordings and 2025 dates: https://fasciaresearchsociety.org.
- Til's next Principles training: Ilia & SI Joints: Principles first lecture: Oct 5, 2022
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)