Whitney talks with Niki Munk about massage therapy research.
They delve into these important topics: such as:
-What are levels of evidence and why does this matter?
-Why should massage therapists care about research?
-How to get involved with research
-Challenges of massage education existing outside traditional academic models
…and much more.
- Whitney Lowe’s online Clinical & Orthopedic Massage Courses
- Til Luchau’s courses at Advanced-Trainings.com
- The International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health: a unifying model for the conceptual description of physical and rehabilitation medicine
- Books of Discovery: save 15% by entering "thinking" at checkout on booksofdiscovery.com.
- ABMP: save $24 on new membership at abmp.com/thinking.
- Handspring Publishing: save 20% by entering “TTP” at checkout at handspringpublishing.com.
(The Thinking Practitioner Podcast is intended for professional practitioners of manual and movement therapies: bodywork, massage therapy, structural integration, chiropractic, myofascial and myotherapy, orthopedic, sports massage, physical therapy, osteopathy, yoga, strength and conditioning, and similar professions. It is not medical or treatment advice.)